Kapelle St. Laurentius und Sebastian, Laus
Architectural history: First building was completed in 1587. Consecration in honor of St. Laurentius and Sebastian, 1592. The Capuchins apparently completely laid down this chapel and replaced it with a new building, in 1695.Building description: Chapel facing east, which vaults the choir with a barrel. Above the ship a plaster ceiling, also in barrel form. Stitched windows and doors. Gable roof with a roof rider crowned by octagonal pointed helmet. equipment: The three altars (made of wood) were built during the new building around 1695. The high altar forms a concave aedikula with two pairs of winding columns. Altarpiece St. Lawrence and Francis. The two side altars are adapted to the high altar. Bells: Mit Inschriften, 1736 und 1855, Grasmayr Feldkirch.
By train from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to the train station Sumvitg - Surrein. On foot 1 hour
By car from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Sumvitg. Junction to Cumpadials and Laus
The Oberalp Pass is closed to car traffic in winter.
Parking near the chapel
Responsible for this content Graubünden Ferien - normierte Touren.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.