ATTENTION: Absolute fire ban for Disentis Sedrun!

More

Chapel Tujetsch

Kapelle St. Luzius, Cavorgia

Kapelle in Cavorgia

Description

history: The earliest evidence of the existence of the chapel is the date of the small bell from 1609. It is mentioned in the visitation report 1643. On September 8, 1658, a new consecration took place in honor of St. Lucius and Carlo Borromeo, which had apparently been preceded by a reconstruction. specifications: The southwest-facing chapel has a retracted, two-sided choir closing in a spire, which opens to the nave in a lower and rather narrow choir arch and a narrow choir arch. It is reasonable to assume that the choir dates back to the reconstruction around 1658. The nave and choir arch are earlier, around 1600. Round-arched windows and pierced west entrance protected by a small wooden porch. On the roof sits an open roof rider with a pointed helmet. The high altar is a well-composed, gracefully moving structure with two diagonally protruding columns and a curly gable with rococo rat.  Bells: Mit Inschriften 1609.

Opening hours

Ask the parish for keys

Directions

Public Transport

By train from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Sedrun. On foot 1 hour.

Directions

By car from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Sedrun. Junction in the village to Cavorgia.

The Oberalp Pass is closed to car traffic in winter

Parken

public parking near the chapel

Map

Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.

Outdooractive Logo

This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.