Kapelle St. Sebastian und Rochus in Segnas
History: The date of the foundation is not known. Perhaps it is related to the plague wave that struck the Tavetsch in 1637/38. After the synopsis, 70 people died there in 1637. Around 1675-80 renovation or reconstruction. Extensive restoration in 1922. specifications: The west-facing chapel is vaulted with barrels and has a choir closed on three sides. Gable roof over the choir, rolled off and crowned by an open roof rider with pointed helmet. Altars: The high altar is a modest wooden structure, dated 1678. The altarpiece shows the Crucified One between St. Sebastian and Rochus. The two side altars coincide in structure, dated 1683. The altarpiece on the Gospel side depicts St. Luzia, around 1683. The image of the altar on the epistle side was created around 1620. Three carved Rococo antependia. Bells: Mit Inschriften, 1649.
By train from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Segnas. On foot 10 minutes
By car from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Segnas.
The Oberalp Pass is closed to car traffic in winter.
Parking at the chapel
Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.