Kapelle St. Nikolaus und Silvester, Mompé-Tujetsch
History: The oldest evidence of the existence of this chapel is the smaller bell from 1616, which does not bear the name or image of the titular saint. Today's chapel dates back to a new building that was probably built around 1760. specifications: East-facing chapel with choir closed on three sides. In the choir a barrel adapted to the polygon. In the ship a plaster slatted ceiling of recent date. In the gap of the portal roof a niche with the figure of the titular saint. Above the choir an open roof rider with octagonal pointed helmet. equipment: The wooden high altar is a simple aedicula. The structure was built in 1767 using a side altar of the parish church built in 1646. The altarpiece depicts St. Nicholas and New Year's Eve as intercessors of Christ for the village visible in the background. The wooden side altars match in the complex. On the southern wall of the nave hang fragments of an altar from the early 17th century. Bells: With inscriptions from 1616 and 1730.
By train from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to the mompé Tujetsch stop. On foot 10 minutes.
By car from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Mompé Tujetsch.
Parking at the chapel (free of charge)
Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.