Chapel Medel (Lucmagn)
Chapel of St. James the Ae., Acla
Building history: The chapel is mentioned for the first time in a visitation protocol of 1658. However, the existing building was relisted around 1850 and rebuilt between 1881 and 1885. Description: The south-west-facing building has a semicircular apse and carries a roof rider. It contains a fragmentary, late Gothic carving altar. The clover-leaf-shaped shrine is filled with bars at the top, which were probably repeated on the wings. On the shrine stands a baroque statuette of St. James. The oil painting next to the choir arch, St. James the Ae. In the tone posture, especially the creily brightened purple red, it recalls the pictures of the apostles in Roveredo and apparently served as an altarpiece of the chapel of Acla before the installation of the carving altar.
By train from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Disentis. By Postbus in the direction of lukmanierpass to stop Acla (mid-June - mid-October) Timetable www.sbb.ch
By car from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Disentis. Continue towards the Lukmanier Pass to Acla
The Oberalp Pass is closed to car traffic in winter.
Parking near the chapel.
Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourismus.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.