Kapelle Medel (Lucmagn)
Kapelle St. Jakobus d. Ae., Acla
Architectural history: The chapel is first mentioned in a visitation protocol from 1658. However, the existing building was re-listed around 1850 and reconsecrated between 1881 and 1885. description: The south-west facing building has a semicircular apse and carries a roof turret. It contains a fragmentary, late Gothic carved altar. The cloverleaf-shaped shrine is filled with stamen at the top, which was probably repeated on the wings in the past. On the shrine stands a baroque statuette of St. James. The oil painting next to the choir arch, St. Jakobus d. Ae. depicting, reminds in the tone posture, especially the chalky brightened purple red, of the apostle images in Roveredo and apparently served as an altarpiece of the chapel of Acla before the installation of the carved altar.
By train from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Disentis. By Postbus in the direction of the Lukmanier Pass to the Acla stop (mid-June - mid-October)
By car from Lucerne over the Oberalp Pass or from Zurich via Chur to Disentis. Continue towards the Lukmanier Pass to Acla
The Oberalp Pass is closed to car traffic in winter.
Parking near the chapel.
Responsible for this content Sedrun Disentis Tourism SA.
This content has been translated automatically.
This website uses technology and content from the Outdooractive platform.